Friday, February 8, 2013

New Effort

So, this is my attempt to try something new to get different results...better results.

I am currently in a place of spiritual growth - which doesn't come as easily as one might think or hope - but I would like to continue on this path rather than stagnate. Hence this blog. I have never really been interested in creating my own prose of this sort in the past. Early attempts at diary and journal keeping generally ended after a few months at best. But, I had different motivations and topics to chronicle then; and that was many, many years ago.

My goal here is to generate a portable forum for meditation and accountability pertaining to my daily study of God's Word. I am often far away, or otherwise removed, from my natural and long-standing support system and constantly forced to create new and different spiritual anchors. So it becomes difficult to remain consistent in my walk, in my reading and study, in my prayer and meditation.

Ironically, though, God has been the one constant in my ever-changing life. No matter where I've been or what I've done, He has always been there with me (for better or worse) and I want to honor His faithfulness to me with faithfulness to Him.

So as I read my Bible daily and open my heart to receive its meaning for my life and ministry, I will attempt to share my revelations here. It will be for me, for you (the reader) and anyone who may eventually be reached by what is shared. The purpose is growth, accountability and wisdom.

This is not a forum for judgement. Whatever is written is done with purely positive intent and may sometimes be useful only to me. I tend to be an open book anyway, so I have no problem sharing my faults. I do, however, have a problem with use of good for evil (but God will handle that, now won't He?). So feel free to comment, encourage, chastise, illuminate, clarify, even question; all I ask is that you not do so judgementally.

I guess that is enough for introduction. Come and walk with me...Along His Way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! Your comments and feedback are welcomed and appreciated.